Along with motherhood comes an entirely new set of norms that prior to motherhood was, well, not so normal ; 0
I know y’all know what I mean.
So, here’s my list…give us some laughs and add yours to the list!
YOU KNOW YOU’RE A MOM WHEN….
- Getting dressed for the day you now look at your closet and think “what can I wear that will hide the fact that I am not wearing a bra?”
- You now take the longest route home to preserve nap time
- You no longer need a grocery cart at the store, thank you stroller manufacturers for those handy baskets
- Every activity becomes a song
- You can switch between baby voice and normal-human-adult-voice without thinking
- Bodily functions are now celebrated (“nice burp”)
- You are never more than one arm’s length away from a burp cloth
- The path of least resistance sounds more and more like a good idea
- You know that “Nesting” isn’t just what birds do
- You turn momma bear on the insect that trespassed into the nursery
- A ‘wet kiss’ isn’t a bad thing
- Getting a shower in for the day has to be ranked for priority on the Things To Do list
Okay moms, let’s hear yours!!